5 Things That CBD Can't Do. Blog Series - #2
Updated: Jun 19, 2019
Welcome to the second blog in our series: 5 Things that CBD doesn't do. If you missed the first one check it out here: https://www.406cbd.com/post/5-things-that-cbd-can-t-do-blog-series-1
#2 CBD can't create total mental and emotional wellness.
While many people have found that CBD helps with the symptoms of anxiety, depression, ADD, and even OCD, it is NOT a substitute for dealing with difficult emotions, traumas, or mental illness or seeking professional counseling and advice.
Mental and emotional health is just as crucial as physical fitness. Unfortunately, people are less likely to get the help they need for a psychiatric condition than they are with a physical condition. This is especially true with men.
While depression is twice as common in women than men, according to the WHO, suicide is the second most common cause of death for every age group for men 10 through 39. This is incredibly sad and an indicator that something needs to change in our society. A holistic approach is the only way to create lasting results.
There are several ways to address mental illness that can get to the root cause. Healing at a deeper level will create lasting and holistic results. These include cognitive behavioral therapy, tapping, Gestalt therapy, inner child work, and Reiki, just to name a few. Even time in nature, exercise, prayer, nutrition, and meditation have been found to be effective mental and emotional medicines.
The important thing is to try a few modalities and see what works for you. Some of this may sound strange or silly but I suggest just giving it a try. You may be surprised.
What has worked for me:
1. I have found that CBD helps give me the boost I need to start an exercise program and continue with it. CBD helps keep my outlook positive in the face of stress so that I don’t give up on my self-care routines. CBD helps manage inflammation, aches, and pains, and speeds healing, which is awesome because we all know that pain and depression feed into each other.
2. I love yoga and hiking in nature. They both clear my mind of clutter and help me focus on my priorities.
3. I have experienced amazing healing by combining prayer and tapping (EFT). Working with my angels while moving the energy out by tapping along specific meridian points is a powerful and effective tool.
4. I practice Self-Reiki daily. Its a form of energy healing, gratitude, and self love.
5. I am mindful of what I am eating.
6. I keep a framed photo of myself when I was a little girl on my desk. When I am feeling down, frustrated, or depressed, I send love to that sweet innocent little girl who is still at the core of my being.
7. Bonus: Healthy foods feed healthy moods.
I often am grumpy and low energy after eating junk foods. Start taking notice of your mood after you eat different foods. You might be surprised what you find out!
CBD does not change your past, alter your patterns, or heal your old emotional wounds. Only you can do that. It is hard, messy work but totally worth it!
Watch for the next Blog post in this series: 5 Things that CBD Doesn't Do - #3 https://www.406cbd.com/post/5-things-that-cbd-can-t-do-3
Get premium CBD products here: www.406CBD.com
Sending you light and love on your journey called life!